"The awkward avoidance viking is your best friend."
"Your favorite Viking is back, this time it is to help Matt as he goes grocery shopping."
Matt: Hey… James.
Matt: Hi, I haven't seen you for at least…
James: Seven years.
Matt: Seven. Wow. I meant to call, I've just been so busy… for seven years.
Matt: Yeah. Listen, I gotta… buy some more food...
Matt: ...but uh… I'll give you a call sometime, we'll hang out or whatever.
James: That sounds great!
Matt: Yeah, yeah.
Matt: Good to see you.
James: Yeah, it was good to see you too.
Matt: Oh great, I just said goodbye to him, now I'm gonna have to say something awkward, like "It seems we meet again"... Maybe I can get away before he notices… Nope, dang it. Why did I come down this aisle, I don't even like frozen food, hello taquitos, focus! Okay, how do I make this as unawkward as possible?
Matt: Ah, the Awkward Avoidance Viking!
- This sketch was uploaded one day after the episode aired on BYUtv.
- This is the first sketch with recurring character Awkward Avoidance Viking.
- This is the fourth sketch in a row to be written by Matt Meese, after Foreign Exchange, St. Crispin's Day Speech and Substitute Breakup.
- This is the first sketch since Trip to the ER to only have three Cast members playing in it.
- Although no extras appear in this sketch, some extras can be seen in a reflection.
- This is the first sketch to be filmed off-set since Channel Surfing.
- This sketch was filmed in one of the four locations of the BYU Creamery, a grocery store for BYU students living on campus.
- In the description of the video it says "Your favorite Viking is back...", although this is the first sketch in which the Awkward Avoidance Viking appeared.
- This sketch was featured in the special Season 1 Favorites.
"Like, Comment and Subscribe!"Edit
The end slate of this video shows a black screen with "STUDIO C, MON @ 9 ET / 7 MT".